- The Selection block allows users to add multiple-choice questions to the chat.
- To add the Selection block to the bot's layout, open the Bots section and select the bot you want to edit.
- Click on the plus sign to add a new block and choose the Selection block.
- The system will automatically add one question (Select) and two answer blocks (User Choice) to the layout.
- To edit the question block (Select) and add a message to it, click on the block on the layout. A sidebar will open on the right-hand side where you'll find two fields: Content and Variable.
- Type the message text in the Content field and it will be added to the bot's layout automatically.
- To edit the User Choice block and add a message to it, click on the block on the layout. A sidebar will open on the right-hand side where you'll see the Content and Delay" fields.
- Type the message text in the Content field and the message will be added to the bot layout automatically.
- Assign a variable to the message to enable the bot to take into account the respondent's answer. To do that, type the variable value in the Variable field (name, address, orgtype, etc.). During a conversation, the system will assign the matching variable to the answer that the respondent selects.
- To pause the bot and give the respondent time to find the requested information or prepare attachments, configure the delay for User Choice blocks using the Delay field. Use the 3d 6h 15m format.
- When a delay is set for a block, the bot will wait for the specified time to pass before pushing the next message.
- You can edit the Select block's message in the User Choice answer blocks. To do that, click on the block on the layout and edit the text in the Content field. All changes are saved automatically.
- You can also add additional answer blocks to the User Choice block. To do that, click on the plus sign between the Select and the User Choice blocks.
- A new block will be added to the layout. Edit it and add a message using the right-hand sidebar.
- Once you've added a new User Choice block, you can remove any User Choice block. To do that, click on the ⋮ icon in the sidebar and select Delete block.
- To delete the entire Selection block, click on the ⋮ icon in the sidebar and select Delete block.
- If the Selection block has incoming and outgoing connections with other blocks, then you'll be asked to confirm your action. Remember that when you're deleting the Selection block, other dependent blocks will be deleted too.
Note: the delay timer count specified in the Delay field doesn't stop even if the bot has been stopped by the user.
Note: the system lets you leave the message field blank.
Note: the chat preview lets users select their answers to the questions from the User Choice blocks by entering and publishing their answers when the Selection block is displayed.