- The Message block lets you add information messages to the bot's layout. These messages don't require a reply from the respondent.
- Open the Bots section and select the bot you want to edit.
- By default, the Message block starts the chat and contains the Welcome message. To add a new Message block, click on the plus sign button and select the Message block.
- To edit the default starting Message block or add messages to the new Message block, click on it.
- A right-hand sidebar with fields Content and Delay will open.
- Enter the message text into the Content field. The content will be displayed in the bot's scheme automatically.
- To add additional messages to the block, click on the Add message button and enter the text into the content field. All additional messages will be sent separately when an actual conversation takes place.
- If you used variables in blocks that require an answer from the respondent, use the @ symbol before the variable in the Content field to take into account the respondent's answers. The actual conversation will display the respondent's last reply that matches the variable's value.
- To pause the bot and give the respondent time to find the requested information or prepare attachments, configure the delay using the Delay field. Use the 3d 6h 15m format. When a delay is set for a block, the bot will wait for the specified time to pass before pushing the next message.
- You can edit messages from the Message block at any time. To do that, click on a block you want to edit and edit the content in the Content field. All changes are saved automatically.
- To delete the main message or any additional ones from the Content field, click on the ⋮ icon on the right and select Delete message.
- To remove the "Message" block, click on the ⋮ icon in the right-hand sidebar and select Delete block.
- If the Message block has an outgoing and an incoming connection with other blocks, the system will connect the blocks automatically when the Message block is deleted. The delete function is not available for the starting Message block.
Note: the delay timer count specified in the Delay field doesn't stop even if the bot has been stopped by the user.
Note: the system lets you leave the message field blank.
Note: messages from the same Message block appear with a 1200 ms. delay. This means that 1200 ms. pass between displaying two messages from the same block.